At The Heathers Nursery, we aim to provide an environment in which all children are valued and supported to reach their full potential.
We operate from a mobile classroom and a classroom within the grounds of Heather Avenue Infant School in Hellesdon, covering Hellesdon and the surrounding areas in north Norwich. Our mobile classroom is fully accessible to all people, has a large entrance ramp and disabled toilet facilities. There is ample on-street parking around the nursery.
We are open Monday to Friday 8.45am to 11.45am and 12.00pm – 3.00pm during term times.
The sessions are flexible and we offer a lunch club, so that children are able to attend all day, if required.
We aim to:
- ensure our provision is inclusive to all children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
Support parents and children with SEND
- Identify specific needs of children with SEND and meet those needs through a range of SEND strategies
- Work in partnership with parents and other agencies in meeting individual children’s needs.
Support staff to attend training courses on special needs, particularly with regards to children within the group or soon to be admitted, including speech, sight, language and communication training.
- Use a system of planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reviewing individual education plans (IEP’s) for children with SEND.
- Support children with an Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP) or beginning the process of applying for an EHCP.
We offer a high ratio of staff to children, all staff are first aid trained, have child protection and 'Step On' training.
Our staff team are all qualified practitioners and have had specific training on sign language, diabetes, autism awareness, epi-pen training and food hygiene.